Astarte Medical is an exciting start-up company developing NICUtrition® a software platform that leverages clinical and biodemographic data to standardize feeding, optimize nutrition and personalize the care of preterm infants. NICUtrition delivers actionable information to help neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) teams avoid inappropriate inflammation and optimize the nutrition and care of preterm infants.
We are seeking a Principal Engineer to lead and deliver products under the NICUtrition platform. The Principal Engineer will be part of cross-functional teams to ensure strategic alignment and execution of project deliverables, on schedule, within budget, and to the required quality standards. We are seeking a technically strong individual to work directly with the in house and off-shore technical teams. The Principal Engineer will provide timely and effective communication of project progress, resource needs and mitigations. The Principal Engineer will work out of Astarte Medical’s Yardley, PA office with periodic travel required.
Ideal candidate qualifications will include but not be limited to:
- An engineer with experience in backend development as well as user interface design, architecture and development operations.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively work with in-house and offshore resources.
- Resolve bugs and develop new features and functions.
- Report to the Astarte executive team on project issues.
- Inform project schedules.
- Actively participate in team meetings, develop and manage agenda, minutes and follow-up action items.
- Verify that all deliverables are well understood by the project team.
- Create quality parameters and ensure the product(s) meets such parameters.
- Develop proficiency in preterm infant feeding, nutrition and gut health.
- Represent the company, specifically related to vendor and security approval meetings with hospital customers.
- Gain a deep understanding of the customer experience and requirements, working closely with customers in order to understand customer issues, propose solutions and convert the solutions into technical product requirements.
- Clearly communicate product ideas and requirements to all levels of the organization.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS in Engineering or Science fields.
- 3-5 years of experience in new product development.
- Experience in AWS/Cloud environments and administration.
- Industry experience in health care and/or analytics highly desirable.
- Understanding of the product life cycle, including planning, development and implementation.
- Ability to think critically and creatively and to contribute in a dynamic team environment, including a willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment and be self-directed.
- Ability to travel occasionally to customer or prospects.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- Equity Participation
- Support of self-development opportunities
Please submit CV to: email@example.com