We’re an extremely purpose driven team here at Astarte Medical, driven by the philosophy that we’re improving preterm infant outcomes and saving lives. We offer a competitive salary, benefits and equity options package, but are more importantly looking for people who are driven by our mission to solve the challenges of preterm infants while in the neonatal intensive care unit.
Astarte Medical is on a mission to deliver digital tools and diagnostics that dramatically improve preterm infant outcomes. They have goals to use software and data to revolutionize the care of preterm infants.
Astarte Medical is the only precision medicine company using software and predictive analytics to improve outcomes during the first 1,000 days of life. With an initial focus on preterm infants, Astarte Medical supports feeding protocols, practice and decision-making in the neonatal ICU with a suite of digital tools and diagnostics designed to standardize feeding, optimize nutrition and quantify gut health.
Astarte Medical is comprised of a distinguished team and world-class advisors in neonatology, microbiome and predictive analytics. Company founders and serial entrepreneurs, Tracy Warren and Tammi Jantzen, applied their experience and business acumen to the vision of Katherine Gregory, PhD, RN, the company’s scientific co-founder. A NICU nurse by background, Dr. Gregory integrates her clinical experience with translational research focused on preterm infant gut health and nutrition. Tracy and Tammi rounded out their team by bringing in David Genetti, President of Clinical Technologies, who brings over 19 years of experience in HealthTech, EMR, Drug Monitoring and Clinical workflows.
The NICUtrition® Platform Overview
The NICUtrition® Platform is focused on using software, data and predictive analytics in the first 1000 days of a newborn’s life to revolutionize care and dramatically improve outcomes. Starting at conception, the health of both mother and child are of utmost importance.
●At Astarte Medical, we view the first 1,000 days as a window of opportunity to deliver solutions that allow hospitals and clinical teams to standardize care protocols and customize treatment plans, at a time that has a profound impact on long-term health.
● These first 1,000 days are especially critical for preterm infants, who are facing significant challenges, which include: (1) 50% Growth Failure, (2) Greater Risk of Allergy, Asthma and Obesity and (3) >40% Neurodevelopmental Delays or Disabilities.
● The NICUtrition® platform utilizes high-fidelity clinical data and a vast biobank of preterm infant stool samples.
● Our comprehensive and proprietary dataset integrates feeding protocols, microbiome profiles and clinical information to provide real-time decision support for clinical teams.
● The NICUtrition® suite of products provides actionable information in real time, enabling hospitals and clinical teams to standardize care protocols, and customize treatment plans by quantifying preterm infant gut health.
● NICUtrition® is the only enteral feeding protocol audit and monitoring solution that measures adherence to a hospital’s protocol, either as a historical snapshot or ongoing, and correlates it to preterm infant outcomes.
● NICUtrition® is the only real-time feeding decision support tool to standardize the practice of feeding, reduce documentation time and streamline workflow in the NICU. NICUtrition Guidance supports best practices and helps ensure consistent delivery of care through real-time alerts and a point of care interface, resulting in reduced length of stay.
Astarte Medical Headquarters, Compensation and Benefits Overview
We’re an extremely purpose driven team here at Astarte Medical, driven by the philosophy that we’re improving preterm infant outcomes and saving lives. We offer an extremely competitive salary, benefits and equity options package, but are more importantly looking for people who are driven by our mission to solve the challenges of preterm infants while in the neonatal intensive care unit.
● Our brand new, beautifully redesigned headquarters at 10 N. Main Street is based in the beautiful Yardley, PA downtown district, with the additional option for the position to operate fully remote.
● Our salary is extremely competitive based on prior skills and experience and we give our employees a flexible work schedule, where you have the ability to work remotely.
● We offer full benefits to our employees including medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
● Equity Option Participation – any new hires would be offered options and there is considerable upside opportunity in the equity and options. They will be subject to standard vesting schedule. We will review everything with you during the interview process.
● Opportunity to grow and expand your career – into roles that interest you, best fit your abilities and give you the opportunity to see what you are building is improving the lives of infants.
● We are seeking a Technical Implementation Engineer to directly perform and oversee client implementation of The NICUtrition® Software Platform.
● This position will be highly visible within the company as well as to our clients and our clients’ personnel and as such the Implementation engineer will be expected to represent Astarte Medical with the highest levels of professionalism, domain expertise and technical skill.
● The Implementation engineer should be a Full-Stack Engineer as well as possessing an understanding of APIs and Healthcare integration including FHIR specifications and EMR infrastructure.
● The Implementation engineer will be part of cross-functional teams to ensure strategic alignment and execution of project deliverables, on schedule, within budget, and highest quality standards.
● Provide timely and effective communication of project progress, resource needs and mitigations.
● Experience in backend development as well as user interface design, architecture and development operations.
● Ability to efficiently and effectively work with in-house and offshore resources.
● Develop new features and functionality to our platform, when not actively engaged on client delivery projects
● Resolve bugs and address customer feedback and issues.
● Report to the Astarte executive team on project issues and project schedules.
● Actively participate in team meetings, develop and manage action items.
● Verify that all deliverables are well understood by the entire project team.
● Create quality parameters and ensure the product(s) meets such parameters.
● Develop proficiency in preterm infant feeding, nutrition and gut health.
● Represent the company, specifically related to vendor and security approval meetings with hospital customers.
● Gain a deep understanding of the customer experience and requirements, working closely with customers in order to understand customer issues, propose solutions and convert the solutions into technical product requirements.
● Clearly communicate product ideas and requirements to all levels of the organization.
● Preferred candidates will have 5-10+ years of experience with direct knowledge of EMR systems, FHIR integrations, HIPAA regulations and infrastructure provisioning.
● Experience with Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Kustomize all a plus
● Experience in AWS/Cloud environments and administration including Virtual Private Clouds.
● Understanding of the software product life cycle, including planning, architecture, development and implementation.
● Ability to think critically and creatively and to contribute in a dynamic team environment, including a willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
● Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment and be self-directed.
● Ability to travel as required to customer or prospects locations.
● BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Software Development or Science fields preferred.
Please only apply to this position if you have the ability to work full-time are a US Citizen, have your Green Card or Long-Term Visa.
Please submit CV to: email@example.com